Friday, March 19, 2010

Feature Friday - Featuring Penny's Lane



Business Name: Penny's Lane Polymer Clay Creations

Shop Link: https: www.pennyslane.etsy.com

What do you create/sell? I make polymer clay beads, pendants, jewelry, magnets, wine charms, and the list goes on and on.....

How did you get started and why?  I started making jewelry and eventually became frustrated with the variety of shapes, sizes, and colors of beads available at local craft and bead shops.  When I found beads that I really liked and thought were original, they were usually out of my price range.  One day I found a book about making beads from polymer clay and mixed media, bought a few bars of Fimo and Sculpey, and set out to create my own affordable beads.  Now I'm completely hooked on polymer clay and the possibilities are infinite! It is such a fun medium to work with:)


What do you love most about owning your own business? I love that feeling of accomplishment when I have tried something new and gotten surprising results.  I like to be pleasantly surprised by color combos.  that I thought would never really work together, but somehow end up blending perfectly.  Having gifts for friends and family always at the ready is definitely an added bonus!

What are some interesting/fun facts about yourself? I am a high school teacher, mother of two lovely girls (currently taking a bubble bath as I type), wife, friend, daughter, sister, pet owner (dog, cat, and hamster), world traveler, and Dance Dance Revolution enthusiast.  Life is FULL and FUN!

Please list any of your other links you would like us to check out:
Twitter Name: PolymerPenny

2 comments:

Stephanie Burciaga said...

Some of my favorite pieces of jewelry are from Penny's shop!

Penny said...

Thanks:)